Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a 3 wire range type box on my wall and i want to make…

i have a 3 wire...
i have a 3 wire range type box on my wall and i want to make a wire adapter to plug in to it and have a 4 wire box washer type box on the other end. how ?
3/14/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Can you clarify what you are trying to do exactly? You have a range and the plug on your wall is a 3 prong plug, but the power cord on your dryer is a 4 prong --- is that correct?

i have a washer with 4 plug and the plug on the wall is a 3 wire. i want to make a wire that plugs into the 3 wire plug and has a 4 wire box on the other end to plug in my 4 wire washer.

Washers in the US don't have a 4 wire plug... what are you talking about?

i have a unit with dryer on top and washer on bottom. its 1 appliance

OK so it's just a 4 prong dryer cord then.

All you need to do is go to the hardware store and purchase a 3 prong dryer cord instead. Then unscrew the cover on the back of the machine to see the terminal block where the power cord connects. Unscrew the terminals where the power cord connects to the machine and remove the old power cord. Then just attach the new power cord like the picture in the diagram below.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
the outlet on the wall is for a range. can i use a range cord for my dryer?