Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a maytag fridge with control board model

Customer Question
I have a maytag...

I have a maytag fridge with control board model numberMF12269VEM3. There was a power ouage and the board is showing temps but the water and ice are not working. When i press the filter reset it lights up and then goes blank. Not sure what to do. I looked up the manual but can not find anything about reseting.fridge. can you help me.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Just moved into house not sure how old it is. Its a maytag 3 door. With control pannel. Serial number isK05185466.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possiable yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No i think thats it.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/14/2018
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your Maytag refrigerator. Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers. Also note that you may receive a phone call offer from Just Answer. That is automatically sent by the website and not from the expert.

Ok

Unfortunately this is one of the more commons ways for this refrigerator to fail. The problem is that the main control board on the back of the refrigerator behind the 8" x 8" access panel has failed and needs to be replaced. You can try to reset the issue by unplugging the refrigerator for 5 minutes but that rarely resets the issue. If it won't reset, then below is a link to the board.

CLICK HERE for control board.

- PLEASE use the stars at the top or bottom of your screen my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. So if you don't get an answer right away, don't worry, I log on daily to respond to questions. Thank you.