Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE profile cooktop won’t unlock even after turning the…

My GE profile cooktop...

My GE profile cooktop won’t unlock even after turning the knob. I spilt some water and now the lock light stays on. I tried unplugging and re plugging and no success. It happened already I’ve a day ago and still not working. I’ve been starting it with a lighter having the power unplugged

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I believe it’s about 9 years old model is JGP970sek2SS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I was hoping it wouldn’t need a lot of work

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I would do the work my self if it doesn’t need special tools

3/14/2018
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. You said its been a day since the water was spilled? Was has happened is it either ruined the control board or your just needing to let it dry some more because the water is still wet on something. Its more of a waiting game for possibly a couple days to see if it starts working again and if not then the control board needs replaced.

t​his being the more then likely cause of the part that got wet and will need to be replaced if the drying out doesn't fix it.

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/WB13T10047/0022/364.html?modelNumber=JGP970SEK2SS&categoryName=Counter Unit, Gas&brandName=GE​

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman
Customer reply replied 15 days ago
Hello, i finally got to replacing the part you mentioned. It still does not work.
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman