Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool 30 in slide in electric convection oven. 3 months…

Whirlpool 30 in slide in...
Whirlpool 30 in slide in electric convection oven. 3 months old. Oven has always heated slow, thought it was do to convection of energy saving features, but looking further it appears it is taking double the time or more to preheat. Example it can take 20-30 minutes to get to 400. I ran Auto Test and got faults to check wiring as noted below:Check P1 - K3 OR P2 - K3
Check P12 OR KEYPAD
Check P3 - K5FAULT F1E1 AND F2E1
3/14/2018
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. What is the model number of your Whirlpool oven that you are having this trouble with?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
WEE745H0FS

well the errors you are getting has nothing to do with heating it has to do with stuck buttons the problem sounds like it could be a temp sensor or element issue possibly. Do you happen to have a multimeter we can test these parts with?

now as far as the elements does the top one heat up (turn red) as well as the bottom one?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
On the display, it will show the boil and bottom element lit up. Or on broil it is lit up but never seems to actually be roiling g from. Top ement

ok so the display is showing them on but I need to know if the elements are red and heating or not? Otherwise this will mean taking them out and testing them manually. IF one of them are not heating its easier to see visually which one that is.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Only the broiler element is exposed all others are hidden. It does not appear to turn red when it is supposed to be heating.
These fault notes below seemed to be talking about wiring for broiler.
Check P1 - K3 OR P2 - K3
Check P12 OR KEYPAD
Check P3 - K5

ok now can you use your multimeter to test the broil element for me please.

test it for continuity if it fails then it needs replaced which I assume it will fail since its not coming on.

https://www.amresupply.com/part/W10544952​

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will do that in the morning. Tonight it was preheating to 300 and then saying it was still preheating and temp reading stayed at 300 but the actual temp dropped to room temp.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This oven is oy 4 months old

ok ​so yes this indicates either the broil element or the temperature sensor being at fault. If the element tests good then the temp sensor is bad.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I see the temp sensor image but not the video

the video is under the image

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman