Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a bosch ascenta dishwasher. it will not quit running…

We have a bosch...

We have a bosch ascenta dishwasher. it will not quit running after ther cycle is over

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

5 yrs old; SHX3AR554C

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only if it's an easy fix

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is there a way to stop the constant running of the machine before we can get a repair person out tomorrow? the on/off button doesn't stop the motor running

3/14/2018
Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, thanks for using JA I'm Gavin and I'll help you with your faulty diswasher

Is this the first time this has happened

I'm just pulling up the details of your dishwasher. Whilst I do that can you tell me if you are able to pull it out

Found it. I've got the same build in my house so I've a good idea whats going on. Did you see my previous message?

I cannot pull it out
Can it be turned off with out pulling the machine out

Ok, the only other way to stop the pump running is to find where it plugs in and pull the plug out. The issue you've got is that the machine has detected a leak and has gone into drain mode. It's a really common fault on these and Bosch have now developed a sump sealing kit and a replacement seal for the right hand side of the dishwasher which is what you're going to need to repair it.

Do you have a separate switch on the wall anywhere that switches the dishwasher off?

The plug must be behind the machine and I cant pull the machine out

You could maybe turn it off at the breaker but I don't know what else that will also turn off

The breaker turns the device off but the water still ran so I turned the water supply off and will all a repair person tomorrow morning thank you

No problem glad you managed to stop it

Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician