Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I just replaced the control board on my SHX68t52CU/07. Now…

I just replaced the...

I just replaced the control board on my SHX68t52CU/07. Now it will not turn on

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just 2 days. I just received the control board on Saturday.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I am aware of

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/14/2018
Ray, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I'm Ray and would be happy to help. Was it the control on top of the door you changed or the one on the bottom of the machine on the right? Would it power on before you changed it?

On this unit the control panel is at the bottom right. The overtemp fuse was blown.
On this unit the control panel is at the bottom right. The over temp fuse was blown.

now it won't even power on?

You hear a faint beep when you try to power on. For a while, It would look like it was coming on, but when you closed the door it went out.

no error code displaying? It sounds like the panel control is bad. Did you check the voltage in the junction box?

Yes, 118 V No error code
118 V No error code

I would swear that it's the control board. it's very possible you got a defective board, it has happened to me many of times

or the buttons control where the display is shorted. that is also a computer board

I'm ogling to bed, Ray. We will have to continue this on Thursday.
I'm going to bed, Ray. We will have to continue this on Thursday.

ok sounds good

I gave up and bought a new dishwasher. Unfortunately, our conversations were of no help.

Ok, thanks for the follow up

Ray, Home Appliance Technician