Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a ge monogram dishwasher that doesn't drain. It makes…

I have a ge...

I have a ge monogram dishwasher that doesn't drain. It makes noise when the pump comes on but doesn't drain. It's been making loud vibration noises recently

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Sorry. Ge monogram dishwasher doesn't drain. Model zbd6920p30ss

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe

3/13/2018
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

There is either something in the drain pump that has it stopped up and not allowing it to drain properly or the pump is just bad considering you say its been making vibrating noises lately the pump is likely just bad but you can inspect it to be sure before ordering a new one. The replacement is listed below:

Dishwasher Drain Pump

Part #: WD26X10048 - click here for part info at sears

Below is a video that shows how to access and replace the drian pump motor on a GE profile unit, it's the same pump and same replacement procedure as your monogram:

click here for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Joel Swenson
I got and installed the part number you listed. It was somewhat different that the pump I removed and the little metal tie bar attachment no longer reaches the pump. It is only held in place by the hoses and hose clamps. Is that acceptable? Will it loosen and leak?
The pump I bought is genuine ge part and the correct pn on the box. The end that goes into the sump on the new pump is rigid and short. The old one and the one in the parts diagram has a short piece of hose attached to it before entering the sump.

That pump is only held in place by the hose clamp that is correct, see image below:

click here for image