Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a maytag refrigerator model no. JFC2089HTB, Pls give…

Customer Question
I have a maytag...

I have a maytag refrigerator model no. JFC2089HTB, Pls give me instructions to change the water filter. Have just hooked up the water system after some remodel and do not know how to put in a new filter and have no handbook. Right now there is a blue plug where the new filter is suppose to go. Does that stay or shall we remove that before putting in the new filter. Not sure what the blue plug is for. Guessing it is used when no filter is in place. Thank you

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

If I were to guess, I would say 8 to 10 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I cant think of anything at the present time

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

That plug is just a filter bypass. All you need to do is unscrew the plug by twisting it counter clockwise and then puling it out. Then put the filter in and twist it clockwise until it locks in place. Now dispense about 1 gallon of water out of the dispenser to purge any air out and you should be good to go again.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.