Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I purchased a Whirlpool Frig on Nov 4 2016. It is now

Customer Question
I purchased a Whirlpool...

I purchased a Whirlpool Frig on Nov 4 2016. It is now freezing all food in the frig part. Had repairman twice try to repair it. Have paid renter for frozen food and expect to pay more. I need to talk to someone at h

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model WRT318FZDW02 Bought new Nov 4 2016 It is now past warranty

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Had appliance repairman out twice. He thinks it might need a thermistor (sp)

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

My ;point is do I put out another $200 for this rpair or get new one. Will Whirlpool allow me any credit

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
If I have to buy
anew frig will whirlpool give me any credit for this one year old freezer
Why do you ask me the age of the refrigerator when I already stated I bought it Nov 4 2016.. That was brand new from Lowes.
It now freezes all the food in the frig. Called Mr Appliance as directed by Lowes and he has been on it twice and is still not sure if he can fix it. No talking about a thermistor ? Another $150 or so? I know this is not a high end frig as it is in a rental but in the past 15 or more years I have worked with a appliance repair group here who have always repaired their repaired used appliance. So I bought a new Whirlpool.. Seems to be a great mistake.
3/14/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 4 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

the only way to know if Whirlpool will give credit would be to contact Whirlpool directly although to me from what your describing sounds more like a damper motor that is stuck open making to much air come over to the fridge side. Did the tech check this part?