Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a refigerator defroster part number w10822278. Cold…

Hey i have a...

Hey i have a refigerator defroster part number w10822278

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Cold spot

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

106 67031791

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The timer i have in my hand has four prong plug bu nut but it alos has a black wire also sorry for the typos

3/13/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The black wire is for the motor. I will find the terminal it goes on for you. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Place the black wire on terminal 1 on the timer and then plug the harness in.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

i figured as much
but i dont have a wiring diagram
what is your solution??
I figur e it is the white wire that is the hot wire that also
oh

I posted the answer above but have copied it below now, too. Do you want the tech sheet for your refrigerator for future use?

13 Mar 2018, 4:15 PM

that is what i thought thank you
can i get a tech sheet?

Yes, I am uploading it now.

The tech sheet for your model is attached.

can i ask another question regarding a n installation of a new Kenmore dishwasher??

Sure, how can I help?

It is a replacemetn to an existing unit are there any hints or pit falss to look out for??
any tips or pit falls

Every installation is different but the biggest problems come with the running of the water lines. The new dishwasher has a tall tub so it may be taller (less room underneath) than the old one. So make sure the holes for the hoses to go through the cabinet are in the correct place and be sure to make all wiring connections tight secure! Also, make sure the ground wire is connected, that is very important in the electronic models.

very good tipsohh back on the refriger
the black wire will go to the terminal 1 which is shown on the diagram that it is an orange wire
is that correct??

Yes, so it will only advance when the compressor runs, so it will defrost about every 8 hours of compressor run time.

Kelly, Appliance Technician
al right y then
I will do so. the timer came with a little device that I can insert into the existing plug

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you so much!