Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

LAT9416AAE. Not. Are you a robot or a human? I replace the…

Hi! LAT9416AAE Contractor's Assistant: I'll...

Hi!
LAT9416AAE

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Not long

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes! Are you a robot or a human?

Contractor's Assistant: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the Appliance Expert more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. Anything else we should know to help you best?

I replace the belts but it still has trouble driving the spin cycle

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Maytag Washing Machine LAT9416AAE

I replaced the belts on my Maytag Washer LAT9416AAE. It still is not driving the agitator. The drive belt seems extremely loose. I adjusted the pump belt but that did not fix it. Also, I took off the wheel that the Drive Belt drives and I may have put it back wrong (?)- not sure. All I know is that with a little help I got the machine spinning and when I opened the lid the brake did not engage.
https://www.partselect.com/Models/LAT9416AAE/#Manuals
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/13/2018
Ray, Home Appliance Technician
Hi, I’m Ray and will be happy to help you. I’m very familiar with that machine. It’s the clutch and break assembly that is worn. It’s a small possibility that it’s the transmission also
https://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-number/lat9416aae/3048/0153200.html?searchType=modelSearch&q=LAT9416AAE&searchTerm=LAT9416AAE
It’s about $90 on sears parts direct. But it’s not an easy job to do. Those belts are suppose to be loose for when the motor kicks in it puts tension on them
Re: Belts, that's what I figured, the way the motor slides back and forth.
Is this what I'm looking for? https://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/211045/0026/464.html?modelNumber=LAT9416AAE&categoryName=Residential%20Washers&brandName=MAYTAG
It’s very difficult to replace that clutch and brake
Ray, Home Appliance Technician