Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have e a Jenn sure fridge that I need the program sequence…

I have e a Jenn...
I have e a Jenn sure fridge that I need the program sequence to.
3/13/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a full model number and serial number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section and seen if you just open the refrigerator door.

What are you trying to program and why? Did you replace a part number? What is the part number?

Jfc2089hep.
I don’t know if this means anything but after replacing the board I know it needs to be programmed but the buttons to increase temperature on both freezer and fridge won’t respond and the door alarm, ice reset, max cool buttons won’t light up when pushed. Vacation mode lights them all up. Could this be a touch pad issue or will it be corrected when it gets programmed. Thanks

That was 2 of the 4 things I asked. I need the other things as well to help.

QUOTE:

Board number is *****

OK and last thing I need... the serial number of your refrigerator.

10763882gt

OK thank you. I needed to make sure you had the correct part for your model and serial since there are serial breaks and it appears you do.

Ok

Sorry about the delay, I had to pull up documents for programming the board. Attached are the instruction to program the board if your touchpad is still working.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

if I can’t move the numbers up on either side would that be the display board or the touchpad?

Did you get into programming mode? As in, did the display say PE with no 0's after step 3? If not, you never got into programming mode.

If you made it past step 3 and you can't change the numbers in step 5 and beyond, then you have a bad touchpad.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Ok thanks Tyler
I could not program, I ordered a new touch pad so we will see what happens after it’s installed. Is it pretty easy to separate the touchpad from the display board? Also how often do the display boards go out? Looks like as long as the display board is lit there should t be an issue with it right?

Display boards and touchpads almost never fail. If you want to speak by phone I may be able to walk you through it, it's usually just a timing issue.

Hello Tyler,I got the touch pad in, I’m going to install it in about an hour, will you be available?
Installed the touch pad and still no up selection on fridge or freezer temps and the only selection I can get to respond is max cool and vacation mode.

I sent my phone number can you call me please?

Hello? I sent my phone number can you call me please?