Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Samsung Refrigerator DA29-00003G and need a

I have a Samsung...

I have a Samsung Refrigerator DA29-00003G and need a replacement water filter that has an angled locking configuration on it. When I order a filter I receive on that has mostly all horizontal or vertical lines for the locking device which have to be returned. I can email or text a copy of what I need. Where or what should I order that matches what I need.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is about 4 years old. Model number from the refrigerator is RFG237 aars/x

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I can install it easily

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Let me give you the model No again: RFG237AARS/XAA

3/13/2018
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your Samsung refrigerator . Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers. Also note that you may receive a phone call offer from Just Answer. That is automatically sent by the website and not from the expert.

I have pulled up the information for your refrigerator. Is this the filter that you are looking for?

http://a.co/cGs0SaZ

If that is not the correct filter, let me know. It should be because it has the raised locking grooves that you referred to.

- PLEASE use the stars at the top or bottom of your screen my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. So if you don't get an answer right away, don't worry, I log on daily to respond to questions. Thank you.

The locking grooves on the 5th picture down show the one I need. It is shown on the left. When I order that picture I end receiving the one on the right which does not work. What head or order letter should I specify to get the one on the left: B, F, or G?

One moment while I take a look.

The manual for your model says "G". When I google pictures of the G model, I am seeing the lock type that you are referring to that works.

I have been ordering G and I get the one on the right side which is different and will not work.
The picture on the order pages show the one I want but what I get is the one on the right which will not work.
I looked on the original manual I received with the refrigerator and it shows the locking configuration that will not work.

The manual recommends a configuration that is not working?

I purchased one and trieds to fit it in and it will not lock. the current one I have which matches the left picture fits withoput any problem. i tried the other multiple times and it would not work or lock.

It appears there is a newer version of the G. I am looking into it now.

A supplier told me he thought the configuration was changed to get around a patent problem that I would have to get OEM for a filter.
It is the one that I need. How do I order it and from what supplier?

One moment.

This one looks like it has the configuration you need:

http://a.co/3kDzzSY

Engineer-Tech
I have been ordering from the pictures that look right and when the filter arrives it is the wrong one. Lets end this now.
It is the locking configuration shown on the left side not the right; What is the head class on the left: B, F, or G?

The one on the left of the image I sent you is F.

Here is a link to an F version:

http://a.co/gVSseDm

From your earlier description, I thought you wanted the G. Now it seems that the F is the one you are looking for.