Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

It may not be electronic ; It is 'merely' problems with the…

It may not be...

It may not be electronic John; It is 'merely' problems with the door switch? Since the purchase 2016-06, the door switch is requiring increasing pressure and distance to activate. Now we push all the way and it seems unwilling to activate1 (as if it had a brain? Heh-heh!

Contractor's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Panasonic micro-wave NN 5255 WFR CPH

Contractor's Assistant: How long have you had your ACTIVATE1?

Purchased 2016-06

Contractor's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Panasonic product?

That's for you to say! For me? Over the time we've had it, it take more pressure to activate the door opening; and now, all the way with an extra nudge! Ugh!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Please. would about five of you step aside and let those two that are competing and arguing all the time! Then let me know! I'm a bachelor and I absolutely need my Micro!

3/14/2018
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
I'm old, hard of hearing, hence this. Panasonic micro, NN5255 WFR CPH. Purchased 2016 06
Door opening/sw. is requiring full pressure plus to open, why? I'd rather a simple answer! I'm tempted to do it myself, being that I'm a retired plant maintenance, (any thing, everything, almost) because it's such a simple, basic operation!
But then I don't wish to void any guaranties. The L on the email, is Lyle.
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

It is not an issue with the switch but probably with the switch bracket or the release button. If you place a thin film of grease on the hooks on the door that go into the switch bracket, does it seem to make any difference?

Kelly, that worked; as simple as that! It must be that good old Irish brain! It works with certain people as well; a little lubrication, and they are willing to slide into place!

Awesome, I am glad it was an easy fix for you! :~)

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Kelly, Appliance Technician