Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a panasonic Prestige Inverter microwave. model no.

I have a panasonic...

I have a panasonic Prestige Inverter microwave. model no. NN-SE982S, manufactured June 2012. When I shut the door, it often does not start. I then open the door and shut it very hard. It works.

Contractor's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Bot***** *****ne is I have to slam the door shut each time to make it work. How can I fix this problem?

Contractor's Assistant: The Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long have you had your NN-SE982S?

For several years.

Contractor's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Just slamming the door. When I shut the door easy or just a normal way, it will not start.

3/13/2018
Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician
Hi, the fault you are having can be caused by one of 2 things. Are you planning on repairing this yourself?
I will try. I also do not know where I could get it repaired if I fail to be able to do it myself.
No, i do not want to pay an additional $24.
Please tell me what the two possibilities are that are causing the problem, then I can decide the next step.
Sorry that’s auto generated not me. I’m just typing you a reply
o.k.
No problem, what you can’t see from the outside of the microwave is the when the 2 forks enter the machine a spring forces them down onto some micro switches. So it’s going to either be that the mechanism in the door has fatigued and not engaging properly or either the microswitch or it’s holder are faulty / damaged. If you remove the casing (screws on back and sides) you will be able to see what I’m talking about and make a decision as to which is causing the fault. Please be careful microwaves are very sharp inside and hold a charge even after being unplugged that can give you a shock. Google discharging a microwave.
If you need to know anything else please reply.I hope this helps you, please remember to click on the stars to rate my help.ThanksGavin
Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician
o.k. thanks, ***** ***** check it out. Do you know of a repair shop in my area?

I don't know of any in your area I'm sorry