Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The top oven light will not turn off in our Jenn Air double…

Customer Question
The top oven light...

The top oven light will not turn off in our Jenn Air double oven. It is a JDR8895AAB/S/W

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The oven dox which I found on the back of the oven are dated July , 2004. Where would I find the model number?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, but the problem is we are leaving today for 2 week trip. No time to get an expert.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What about the control panel on top? Can you turn it off through that?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/13/2018
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 5 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your Jenn Air Oven . Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers. Also note that you may receive a phone call offer from Just Answer. That is automatically sent by the website and not from the expert.

Just to the right of the display there should be keypads - one for the upper and one for the lower oven light. Try pressing the upper one and let me know what happens.

- PLEASE use the stars at the top or bottom of your screen my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. So if you don't get an answer right away, don't worry, I log on daily to respond to questions. Thank you.