Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am working on a GE refrigerator that the ice is melting…

Hello, I am working on...
Hello, I am working on a GE refrigerator that the ice is melting just enough to cause it to stick together. I put a temp logger in the unit to record what temperatures the unit was reaching and it stayed at an average temp of 0 degrees for the three days I was recording it. Defrost is at 40 degrees. The freezer is not full of food. I have checked the seals on the doors and they are good, sealing properly and no gaps. Any recommendations of what may be causing the sticky ice? I have attached a picture of the temp chart that I took on the unit as well.
The model number for this unit is GSH22JGDDWW
3/13/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Is the freezer empty or just not full?

Just not full

Where did you have the Data Logger when you recorded the temps?

It was placed in the middle shelf, in the middle of the shelf on both the freezer and fresh food sides.

It looks like the issue is with the defrost cycle. It may be with the lack of a lot of product in the freezer but it would be prudent to replace the defrost sensor looking at the chart. The defrost sensor is the one that is in the upper left corner of the evaporator.

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

Kelly, Appliance Technician