Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kenmore side by side refrigerator with ice/water in…

I have a Kenmore...

I have a Kenmore side by side refrigerator with ice/water in the door. The unit just stopped making ice. I have replaced the Ice maker unit and the water control valve. The water in the door has and still works great, it's just the ice maker. What else could it be?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is about 10 years old (post 2002 model) I'm sorry, I left the model number home today but it looks just like the model pictured on this page https://applianceassistant.com/appliance-repair/refrigerator-repair/whirlpool-in-door-ice-maker-repair/

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I'm pretty handy and had no problems replacing the ice maker or water control valve I"m also quite handsome, but sorry, I'm married. ;-)

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If you open the door first, look at the red light to the right, is it flashing 2 times and then pausing over and over? If you shut the flap on the left side and make a clear path from right to left, does the light turn solid?

OK, now look inside the icemaker itself, is there any ice or water in the icemaker mold? There are white fingers that push the ice out of the icemaker mold, what direction are they facing? Are they above the horizon or below? Pointing forward or backwards?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the light does flash. there is no ice or water in the icemaker. when I installed the new water control valve, I was able to blow through the hose to the icemaker so I'm confident that there are no obstructions there (frozen line)
I'm not certain if the light turns sold when the flap is closed. I'm at work right now and not able to test the fridge at home

OK please respond back to me with the model number as well as whether the light flashes on and off or goes solid when the flap is closed when you are by the appliance.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it will likely be after 4 hours, will you still be there or will there be someone else that will respond?

I should be here still.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Tyler, the model number is ***** and when I open the freezer
door and press the tab on the left, the light on the right continues to flash twice with a pause and then continue flashing

OK that's a problem. Your emitter boards never think there is a clear path so they think the bucket is full of ice all the time which is why it won't cycle. You need to replace the emitter board which come as a kit behind the flap and the flashing red light cover. Below is a link to the kit you need

CLICK HERE for emitter board kit

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok, thanks
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc