Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Dishwasher wont run. I hit the heavy wash & then the start…

Customer Question
Dishwasher wont run. I...

Dishwasher wont run. I hit the heavy wash & then the start button. There is a click like something is supposed to happen, but nothing does. I have unplugged it & plugged it back in, the water is running to it. I followed all of the manual trouble shooting steps

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

The model # is GLD2800V00BB I have no idea how to run a diagnostic test cycle.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It's a GE

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I do not plan on doing the work myself. This seems like an electrical issue. A few months ago, it stopped stopping when I would open the door during the cycle. The water would continue to go.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/14/2018
Appliance Technician: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 4 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
Hi Michelle,
Yes I still need help with this.
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

I suspect you have a faulty door switch. Do you have a meter to perform any electrical testing with?