Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE dishwasher model GDT580SSF7SS that seems like…

I have a GE...

I have a GE dishwasher model GDT580SSF7SS that seems like the heating element is not working correctly because the dishes used to burn your hands when trying to unload right after cleaning had completed. Now they are just barely warm. I have checked for continuity on the heating element and it checked out fine so I am wondering what else there is to check?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It was purchased on September 15, 2015 and delivered on September 26, 2015. I already put the model number but here it is again model GDT580SSF7SS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nope I believe that is all.

3/14/2018
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would still like a response as to what else could possibly be wrong with my dishwasher and what to test next. Was thinking that there could be a thermostat that could be the culprit but haven’t been able to find if my model has one and where that would be located in order to test it.
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Perfect I will try that tonight when I get home from work and let you know if that solves the problem.

Sounds good, thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think I am fine with just the pointer you gave. I'm pretty handy and should have no problem finding out if the TCO needs to be reset.

Sorry for the auto call offer, I have no control over those.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
oh no problem

Thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Kelly, Appliance Technician