Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Amana Profile Dryer will not heat. Model DLE330RAW. I have…

Amana Profile Dryer will...

Amana Profile Dryer will not heat

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model DLE330RAW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have replaced the door switch drum turns and no heat

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

First, you'll need to test the terminal block on the back of the dryer where the power cord connects to the back of the dryer. You should have 220 volts between the 2 outside power wires. The dryer will run but it won't heat with only 110 volts from your house. If you have 220 volts, then something has failed. You'll need to take the dryer apart and unplug it in order to test the fuse, thermostat, and heater to know which one is bad. To take the dryer apart, there are 2 screws in the lower front right and left corners of the lower front panel. Remove these screws and remove the lower front panel. That will expose 2 more screws in the lower right and left corners of the upper front panel. Remove those screws and take the upper front panel off after unplugging the door switch. Disconnect the belt and pull the drum out. Now you have access to the heater and thermostat in the back right corner. Below is a link to a video on how to test the parts. Whatever part tests back, just replace it.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc