Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Its a GE ADORA MODEL DSD26DHWABG REFRIGERATOR. TEMPERATURE…

Customer Question
Its a GE ADORA...

Its a GE ADORA MODEL DSD26DHWABG REFRIGERATOR. TEMPERATURE SETTINGS READ FREEZER 27 AND REFRIGERATOR 50 . WHEN I LOWER THE TEMPERATURE TO 0 AND 34 ITT WILL CHANGE BACK TO 27 AND 50 .WHAT CAUSES THIS .

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

3 years old and model DSD26DHWABG

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hope so !

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Tell me whats wrong and how to fix it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 4 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

First, the display is just reverting back to the actual temperature once you set it to 0 and 34 so you can monitor the actual temperature and see if it's going down. It sounds like it's not cooling however. The first thing you'll need to do is pull everything out of the freezer and remove the lower back panel inside the freezer. Look at the silver evaporator coils behind this panel and are they packed with frost, lightly frosted from top to bottom, some frost on top but not on bottom, no frost at all, etc... ? Also, is the fan above the coils running?

Are you there ?

I already replied 2 minutes ago.

QUOTE:

No

I already replied 2 minutes ago.

QUOTE:

If everything looks normal then what ?
Fan is running!

You couldn't have possibly done what I asked you to do in that short of a time. I'm sorry but unless you're willing and able to do what I ask and tell me the information I need I can not help you.

I already had frig. Apart
Now what ?

I'm sorry I don't believe I'll be able to assist you here, so I'll opt out, but that will open this question to all other Experts, and someone will be along shortly to assist you

How long will this take ?
I want my $ 5.00 back !