Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a Model 1790.9435 9700 Kenmore range and the oven quits…

Have a Model 1790.9435...

Have a Model 1790.9435 9700 Kenmore range and the oven quits workings during the baking (everything shuts down even the clock) I hit the glass top a couple of time the clock comes back on I 12:00 blinking I kind of reset it and reset the oven and it a go until it goes out again. What do you think is doing it?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Model 1790.9435 9700 Serial # VF80122137 We have been in the have 5 years and prev. owners 4 so over 9 years.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just what you think it is and if you think it is a simple thing to do.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/14/2018
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
I'm still waiting for a reply. My wife used oven for dinner yesterday and did same thing one time.
Adding more so making sure you will get.
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The symptoms you are experiencing are indicative of control failure or a connection/wiring issue. Are you able to perform some disassembly to inspect the wiring to the clock and the connections?

I removed the top back and looked at everything. Could not find any bad wiring pushed on terminals and made sure all wires were pushed in titer. Also removed the top and checked all the wires cleaned everything up put back together and plugged back in. We have not tested it yet.

Thank you. I believe the control will need to be replaced. All connections simply unplug and plug in.

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Kelly, Appliance Technician