Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool fridge WRID41W, the compressor is not…

i have a whirlpool fridge...
i have a whirlpool fridge WRID41W, the compressor is not running. I know the compressor is OK because if connect 240volt it runs. so my question is how can i determine if the problem is the control module or temp sensor or thermostat?
3/14/2018
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is? If you are still needing help what is the model number of your fridge? Then we can go from there.

So what I need from you is the full model number of your fridge. This is located on the inside of the door area.

WRID41W

also have you tested the start relay or the overload protector?

I just pulled up your service manual and I am going over it now.

also is it just the compressor not running what about the fans in the unit are they running/

the compressor works when connect 240v
its a while since I looked at it, not sure, pretty light still working.

mor​e then likely this is the problem that you are having and it will need to be replaced since the compressor does work its just not working on its own.

http://genuineapplianceparts.com.au/h2-core-board-main-pcb.html​

ok ill order the part, thanks for your help

you are very welcome.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman