Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

When I start the dryer it starts for to min.then stops

Customer Question
When I start the...

When I start the dryer it starts for to min.then stops sometimes it start but the stops then doesn't go on at all

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It's a true steam sensor dry abour

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

About 4 years old not sure model number

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Hear a ticking when it shouts off and smells like burning or something

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Sometimes it does the full cycle but not that ofen
Do I have to cancel so I don't get billed monthly
3/14/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 4 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried unplugging your appliance for 5 minutes to do a hard reset yet? If unplugging is not easy to do turning off the breaker for 5 minutes does the same thing.

I tried that same thing still happens

ok ​so what I will need from you is the model number of your dryer also do you happen to have a multimeter that we can test some parts with?