Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Samsung fridge control shows OF OF with pics of filter,

Samsung fridge control shows...

Samsung fridge control shows OF OF with pics of filter, crushed & water. Touch screen not changing

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Rf4287hawp/xaa 5-6 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Don't know what problem is I have no idea

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

6-8 weeks ago somehow changed from cubes to crush. Went on line info steps told me what to do fixed immediately. 2-3 days ago flipped to crush again didn't touch. Home from work today shows OF OF, touch screen not responding

3/13/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

OF OF means that the refrigerator went into Demo mode for some reason. To reset demo mode, press and hold the Energy Saver button and the Power Freeze button together at the same time for 5 seconds. That should remove OF OF. If not, unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes and try again. If it still won't work, the front display control panel has failed and would need to be replaced.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Once I held both buttons it displayed -2 freezer 36 fridge for about 30 seconds then the screen went dark except alarm filter cubed water & the water drop on the right. What does this mean?

It means it's working again. The set temperature are -2 and 36 degrees. You should be good to go again. It sounds like you may have press the energy saver button or held the button or something however if the display goes blank and the display doesn't keep showing the set temperatures, but either way, it's working again.

Is it wise to check temps periodically if so what is the process? Thank you, Trudy

shouldn't need to, but you can if you like. Within 12 hours it should be down to temperature in both sections. If the display reverts back to showing OF OF again, then you need to replace that front display board because it's going into demo mode on it's own and shouldn't. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc