Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Samsung refrigerator will not dispense water and will not…

Customer Question
Samsung refrigerator will not...

Samsung refrigerator will not dispense water and will not make ice. Any thoughts on possible problem resolution?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The model is RF263BEAEBC with a manufacture date of May 2012

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have tried defrosting the ice maker in the event a line was frozen but no success

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/13/2018
Appliance Technician: ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.
Thanks

If you don"t have any water, you need to be looking at your water supply first. Pull the refrigerator out and remove the back bottom panel and access the water valve that is connected to the house water supply tube.

There should be two output tubes connected to the blue valve. If you remove the screw(s) holding it to the refrigerator, it will be easier to pull off the tubes. Then place a towel under the valve and press the water dispenser button to confirm you get water to shoot out of the valve.

It looks like this click here

Let me know what you find

Don

The single tube from the water supply goes into the refrig and the blue and white tubes coming out do not appear to be accessable.

The valve should be on the back of the refrigerator .

The water line is attached to it.

It looks like this click here

You will need to remove the back to access the valve and then the screws to detach the valve from the refrigerator

On this model, it appears that the valve maybe behind the crisper drawers, the plate on the back of the refrig is small and the line from the water supply and the two lines coming out are incased in foam insulation.
Is there any more information you can provide?

I took a little closer look at the parts blowup and I think you may be correct. The valve has to be replaceable and it looks like it is located by the water filter. Behind a panel.

I now think that most likely the water line is frozen, but you will need to expose the lines in order to thaw them out or you will have to unplug it and open the doors overnight.

I am looking to see if I can find some technical data on your model.

I have a manual for your model, but it does not show the valve in detail as far as I can find. But it is the only documentation that Samsung provides for your refrigerator. It is 106 pages and it covers a lot of info on your machine.

If you like, I can set up a download for the manual. All I ask in return is a positive rating for JA for my time with you. Is that agreeable to you?

No thank you.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to try to help you out.

Have a great evening.