Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I need to replace the glass top on my ge php9030. Purchased…

Hello there Contractor's Assistant:...

Hello there

Contractor's Assistant: Hi. How can I help?

I need to replace the glass top on my ge php9030

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Purchased jul 2015 - PHP9030DJ1BB

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes But I read somewhere about a code needing to be programmed in?

3/13/2018
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
I still need an answer as to whether a code is needed to replace glass in my PHP9030DJ1BB Induction cooktop.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Instructions, Diagram etc. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Melissa Martin
Melissa Martin, Home Appliance Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. If you are only replaced int he glass top and not the user interface you do not need a code, If you are replacing the user interface as well then the programming is actually just using the timer up and down keys to set the model number you have, after adjusting the the controls to the proper model number for your cook top then you would hold the time select button for 7 seconds to store the model and make the unit operational. I hope I have helped you. Please let me know if you need further assistance. Thank you

Melissa Martin