Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My drier won't start. About two weeks. I dry my clothes on…

Customer Question
My drier won't start. ...

My drier won't start.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About two weeks. I dry my clothes on the shower curtain & a manual dryed rack The clothes dry stiff even when I put fabric softener in the washer.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

GE9SXH3EA2WW The numbers7/63were on the side of the door

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can arrive at the correct problem. I don't want to buy a part that I don't need. I live on social security, so I can't waste too much money.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Merely what part could have caused the problem, the light works, so it has power.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/13/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 5 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried unplugging your appliance for 5 minutes to do a hard reset yet? If unplugging is not easy to do turning off the breaker for 5 minutes does the same thing.

Travis, I rebooted the dryer.. Nothing happened. The interior light woirks, that' why Ididn't think that it is a power problem.The starter switch is silent, I don't remember if it clicked or not. does this GE dryer have a fuse or anything installed in it??? I don't want to spend close to $100 fora part that I don't need.
It's midnight, let me sleep on it. good nite. Later, Herm

I totally understand give me one minute to pull up your parts real quick.

I understand its late tomorrow when you have time double check the model number and I will pull up the parts list for you. The model number you have given me isn't pulling anything up.