Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I spilled water on the top. When I wiped it all up the

Customer Question
I spilled water on...

I spilled water on the cook top. When I wiped it all up the igniters on all the burners won’t stop clicking even though the knobs are turned to the off position.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Water was spilled tonight and as soon as I was done cleaning it up it started happening.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I unplugged the cook top and of course it stopped but as soon as I plug it back in it starts again

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes I can work on it myself

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your cooktop. Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers. Also note that you may receive a phone call offer from Just Answer. That is automatically sent by the website and not from the expert.

When can I expect an answer ?

I'm sure this is an annoying issue. If the stovetop keeps ticking, one of your burner switches has gotten wet. I would cut power to the cooktop, remove the knobs and any covers under them - then lightly use a hair-dryer from a distance over the burner switches for 10 minutes. I would then go ahead and let it sit overnight so that the burner switches can fully dry out. Afterwards, re-apply power and if it works then you are done.

- PLEASE use the stars at the top or bottom of your screen my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. So if you don't get an answer right away, don't worry, I log on daily to respond to questions. Thank you.

Thanks but disregard. I googled the solution and took care of it on my own. Please make sure that I am NOT charged anything since you never provided me a solution. I’ve taken screenshots of this chat as proof of no solution offered my tour service. Thank you