Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Some of the cycles in our 2010 Cabrio will not run, or not…

Some of the cycles...

Some of the cycles in our 2010 Cabrio will not run, or not run completely. Others work fine

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

Not yet

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

As much as I can, yes. I can replace a control panel, for example

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model WTW6800WW1. Heavy duty, bulky, ; Spin/Rinse cycles do not work. others do

3/12/2018
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Hi. Click on link. Run test. Let me know what /if any error codes.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ObQSoeoaeCY
Test result. With power off, I ran the test as described in the video. Results:
88
F70
then it cycled C1 through C9 and did all the things in the video, and then turned off.
Okay. Let me look. Be right back.
F70 is overload error. Not what we are looking for. When you try to run a cycle that does not work, what happens? Does it start at all? Start then stop?
the "whitest Whites" cycle will start, and about the time the tub is really full with soapy water, it quits. rinse/spin does not start. Bulky items and heavy duty do not start. Sheets, casual, delicate, quick wash and colors all work perfectly
With no error codes I would have to think the control is bad. Sometimes after running the service test, the control will start working correctly. Try and run a cycle that normally would not start. If it still does not work, replace control.
You can also unplug unit for five min and plug back in. That will also sometimes reset the control.
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Excellent, thank you. I can do that. THANKS!
You are welcome. Thank you for choosing J.A.
Please don’t forget to rate my answer. Thank you.