Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I need to reinsert one of the three screw guides (on to of…

Customer Question
I need to reinsert...

I need to reinsert one of the three screw guides (on to of microwave) and so need to take the top/cover off. I have taken out all screws on sides and top of the microwave (it’s a new uninstalled above the cooktop JVM 1630/35) and it is not coming off.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

All info above.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not the installation.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I will get a contractor to mount it but one guy wanted $180 to take the cover off. I saw a video of it being removed quite easily. The microwave has never been plugged in, it’s new from Costco.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 5 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

To remove the cover, remove all the screw coming in from the top of the microwave and sides. Remove the screws coming in from the back of microwave around the left, right, and top edges. Then tip the microwave backwards and remove the screws coming in from the bottom of the microwave on the right and left edges. The outer shell then pull straight back, up, and off.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Does this get sent as an email?
I will try this tomorrow.

Once you rate me, there is an E-mail sent to you with a link to come back and ask follow-up questions at no charge or read the conversation we have already had again.

I signed up for a $5 dollar service and see that my Visa was charged $45. Who do i speak to to have it reversed?

After you rate me I can send it into customer service if you were confused with how the charges occur.