Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My KitchenAid dish washer no longer uses the pod for the…

Customer Question
My KitchenAid dish washer...

My KitchenAid dish washer no longer uses the pod for the full wash, only the pod for the prewash. As you know, the second pod is contained by a mechanism that is supposed to open to allow full dissolution of the pod held behind the mechanism . What is needed to have the mechanism function properly and open when that part of the cycle is reached?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The model is KUDJ23HYWH2. This machine is old, minimally 8 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, I don't think so. Is there something I can do? Do I need a repair service and, if so, who do I contact?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/12/2018
Appliance Technician: Ray, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Ray, Home Appliance Technician
Hello
It’s the detergent despense that needs to be replaced. There’s a little motor that opens it up. The part usually runs around 75-$100
It could be the timer control but I seriously doubt it. That is rare
A service company will probably charger you $150 just for service fee and labor
Thank you for your reply. I'll pursue the problem with a repair person as you imply.

you are very welcome. I would deeply appreciate it if you could rate me. Thanks and take care, Ray

I am considering doing the work myself based on your comment that it is a small motor in the unit that is the problem. I don't see where one removes the old dispenser. Directions on this would clearly be helpful. I look forward to your reply

only

I' m sorry, but that all I could find. I looked high and low for you