Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool washing machine that is not spinning. I…

Second opinion] I have a...
Second opinion] I have a whirlpool washing machine that is not spinning. I have replaced the basket drive, coupler is fine, It started to work again for one load and now no spin again, any thoughtsJA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?Customer: LSQ8000LQ3JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?Customer: YesJA: Anything else we should know to help you best?Customer: I did the basket replacement and new clutch
It just seems weird that I have pulled the motor and transmission out twice now, put it back in and it works for 10 times on spin, but when I put a load in for a full cycle it won;t spin on the final rinse, or there after
3/12/2018
Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician

W​hen it's supposed to be spinning is anything happening - do you hear the motor running ?

the motor is running smoothly

I​f you take the motor out and by hand turn the coupler - turning it one direction makes just the agitator go back and forth and the other direction the basket turns (spin ) Does it do this? Be aware the coupler can be defective in two ways - the rubber part breaks and / or the plastic part on either end turns on the shaft ( it gets egg shaped and does not fit tight on the shaft )

Okay I will try this in about an hour when I get back home. How late does someone respond to these emails

I will be at this computer for about another half hour and won't look again until tomorrow A.M.

Do I have to take off the motor to do this or can I just take off the vacuum pump
I took the motor off and spinning the coupler one way or the other nothing is spinning inside the tub
What is that telling me

Well , if it would have turn the agitator back and forth , but not spun, I'd say check the drive block under the basket , but since it does Nothing you're down to the transmission ( jyou've all ready replaced the clutch )

Can those be rebuilt with a kit or do I just have to buy a complete one

Buy new - part number(###) ###-#### $154.00 from www.repairclinic.com

What usually gos bad in the transmission, the plastic gear?

Yes , and that's the only part available still. Look at part number 285362 on www.repairclinic.com. Anything else is subbed to a complete transmission. part number 285362 is $ 86.00

Okay, to sum all this up my washer spins intermittently. I have taken out the basket drive three times and each time I put it back in the spin cycle will work one or two times and then it stops working. Would you attribute this to a bad transmission. The basket Drive is brand new, the clutch is brand new, and the coupler looks very good

Based on what you're telling me , yes - you've replaced everything else it could be.

Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician