Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool front loading washer. Before I could

I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool front loading washer. Before I could start the machine the door is locked and can’t start the machine

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Is less than a year old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes it can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Shall I send you the picture of the front panel

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

First thing you want to do is unplug the washer for 60 seconds. Plug it back in and see if the latch unlocks. If not, leave it plugged in for 20 minutes in case it's in flood mode in which case the drain pump will be running and eventually it'll unlock the door after 20 minutes. If none of that works, you'll need to remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel and unplug the washer. The top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Now you can reach behind the front panel of the washer to the bottom of the door latch. There is a 1" round plastic pull tab you can pull down on to manually unlock and reset the latch.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc