Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool Duet Washer/front loader. It is stuck and…

Customer Question
I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool Duet Washer/front loader. It is stuck and the lock light keeps blinking. There is no pause or restart button. I unplugged unit hoping it would reset but lock light just keeps blinking.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Maybe two years old. I cannot get into the machine to look for a model number as the door won't open

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It sounds like the water is trying to drain as well. Water is on, no kinks in the lines it is just stuck

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/12/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

How old is the unit ?

How long did you have the unit unplugged for ?

And does your model have a separate lower panel below the washer door?

Where is the model #?
about 2 years old
30 minutes unplugged
I will have to look for a lower panel

ok the unplugging for 30 minutes is great .

The model /serial number is ***** the door , hopefully you also have it written down inside the use and care booklet .

And the lower front panel should be plain to see.

There is no lower front panel

ok so to unlock the door with no lower front panel .you will need to remove the washer top panel (two screws on the rear ) and grab the top panel and push it to the rear 1/2 inch then lift up and off the washer.

And you will need to reach down inside the washer on the front right hand side of the door and manually pull down on the door lock latch release lever.

Then once the door is unlocked you can than give me the washer model number ,because you will still need to replace the door latch lock assembly.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?

No I was able to fix it with instructions from appliance asdistant

Ok Great !

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me. I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.