Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a ceiling fan in a house I just bought. The motor…

I have a ceiling...

I have a ceiling fan in a house I just bought. The motor does not run. The module in the light kit is swelled, so I assume that's the problem. The module has a part number on it. Is that all I need or will I need a model number for the fan? Where can I find a module?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Not long. I'll buy a new fan before I waste very much time.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think all I need is the module.

3/12/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Most often you will not be able to find parts for a ceiling fan they are just designed as disposable , if they fail just replace the entire fan .

Whom is the fan manufacturer?

Harbor breeze

ok that is a Home Depot sold model on the top side of the motor you should have the model number of the fan .

You can try contacting Home Depot/ Hampton Bay .

There are good folks at the phone number below that can take your order
and send you what you need for Hampton Bay products. It is the Home Depot Hampton Bay parts line at 1-***-***-****.
They will be able to send you the parts. Just have your model number ready.

Master Tech

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time .