Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our gas range has two plot. Our gas range two pilot. Our gas…

Our gas range has...

Our gas range has two plot

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Our gas range two pilot

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Our gas range has a pilot

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Sorry. Our gas range needs to be looked at. We have one pi!of light that will not light and one that does not work as it should. What do we need to do to have the range checked out?

3/12/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

You have asked your question on the website Just Answer ,there is a charge for this service.
You have asked your question on one of over 200 different categories on the website ,your question is on the DIY Appliance repair category .
This web site has nothing to do with any appliance manufacture ,and this website does not offer any in home service personnel to work on your appliance, this is a DIY appliance category where I would assist you in repairing your own appliance.

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Model # is FWD5040799.

That is not coming up as a good model number for any manufacturer .

Who is the range manufacture?

Whirlpool
It is rather old. It was installed in 1994

ok If iot is a Whirlpool product the model number is ***** FWD5040799.

That seems more like the serial number

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?

The model # is SC8630EBB. You are correct the other number was the serial number.

Ok the model number that you have given me is countertop gas four burner cooktop !

Not a range as you stated in your first post.

And this cooktop does not even have a pilot light it uses a spark igniter system .

Are you sure that you have given me the correct model number, or are you just calling the cooktop a range?

If in fact this is just a cooktop can you tell me when you turn the burner valve knob , which burners are you have the no light issue with ?

And I`m also showing that the model and serial number that you have give for the cooktop that it is showing the unit is 24 years old , does that sound about right ?

it is about that old. The problem is with the back right burner. I am sorry that I did not say it is a cooktop.

ok so when you turn the burner knob it does not spark can you manually light the gas with a match or lighter ?

Ok Each knob /gas valve has a switch that turns on the igniter .

Which mean the igniter switches will need to be replaced .

But now for the bad news that switch part number of(###) ###-####is no longer available from the manufacture.

In fact none of the cooktops ignition system components are available any longer .

By law appliance manufactures only have to supply replacement parts for 7 years .

So you have two choices buy you a BarBECue lighter or replace the cooktop.

If the unit is in good shape I would go the lighter way .

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news as they say.

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

My husband and I have talked about what you have stated and have decided the lighter is the answer for right now. Thank you for all your help.

Glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Master Tech