Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Tyler hope all is well with you today. I have a question on…

Hi Tyler hope all is...
Hi Tyler hope all is well with you today. I have a question on a maytag atlantis I am looking at. The washer will fill, agitate, and drain. When it is put into spin on the cycle selector, the washer will drain and the timer advances but it will not spin. The belt looks fine also and the inner drum does not spin like the brakes may be applied but I am assuming that's normal.
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Good morning D. If the washer is draining on this model, it's definitely not an issue with the belt because the belt is moving and moving the drain pump pulley. That means that either something is stuck between the inner and outer basket, you have a bad transmission, or the thrust bearing kit (the large pulley on the button) has failed and is slipping. You would need to remove the inner basket if you think something is stuck inside. Otherwise, most likely the thrust bearing kit isn't lifting up on the brake to release it. You would need to replace the thrust bearing kit and if you still has issues, the transmission would need to be replaced. The thrust bearing kit is part number 12002213.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
thanks T have a good day I appreciate the help brother. I have looked at only 2 of these machines before and you helped me with one. This is great. I know where to go now and what to expect thanks again brother

No problem and good luck!

Hey T,, OK I checked the pulley for the transmission underneath and pulled off the white cap and the pulley just fell off because there was a horseshoe clip that broke. actually the minute I took the belt off to inspect the pulley , it just came off the end of the transmission shaft. I am wondering with out this horseshoe clip if that was why the thrust bearing was not releasing the brakes tyler.

That definitely could cause it. That thrust bearing kit comes with a new C-clip if you can't reuse the old one.

ok One more thing T there was a part that came off the shaft also with a white piece of plastic or nylon on one side. Does that go back on with the nylon part going up or down. I am thinking it would go up but it fell off so quickly I couldn't tell
not the white piece in the pulley but a white plastic piece in between the washers

CLICK HERE for video

Ok got it goes down thanks
I put a retainer ring temporarily on it till I pickup the thrust bearing kit. It’s working now. Till I can install the Kit in 2 days . Thanks again man

No problem and good luck!