Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have electric spleen queen dryer that doesn’t seem to heat…

I have electric spleen queen...
I have electric spleen queen dryer that doesn’t seem to heat on Automatic setting, but heats on Timed dry. However it’s shuts off after 10 min on timed dry. It immediate goes back on when the knob is pushed.
3/12/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Ok will the dryer run in the automatic cycle and just not heat?

Do you mean does the cycle complete or does it stop after 10min?

no you said in the automatic setting the dryer seems to not heat .

And my question was does it run /tumble in the auto setting

It does the same thing in the automatic setting. Stops after 10min.

ok so it does run it just turns off .

And you can just walk right back over to t and turn it on ,you either have a voltage issue to the unit , or a faulty timer.

And your model number is ***** so I do not have to keep referring back to the photo.

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

I can borrow one. Will I need to take the back panel off or am I going to check the outlet?
I checked the voltage a few months ago and it was 239.
I actually figured it out. I had changed the door swing and didn’t put the metal piece tthat triggers the door sensor and light) in properly so the connection with the door/light was too sensitive. So the dryer was shutting off when it thought the door was open. It just easy to shutting all the way. Just a coincidence that it took around 10 on both settings. Thanks for your help.

great glad you found it , that would have been a tricky one to find .

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Master Tech
Thank you