Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Matag Mod MFI2568AEQ. Water button on door not working -

Matag Mod MFI2568AEQ Contractor's...

Matag Mod MFI2568AEQ

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Water button on door not working - have unplugged for 1/2-1 hour but switch still not working. We have done the "unplug" treatment before and it has worked - but not today. Started in January.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

It is the Maytag model MFI2568AEQ

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I know

3/12/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

If you had /were unplugging and plugging back in and the water had been working do you feel that the water line with in the door was frozen?

And if you call for chilled water do you hear any humming or buzzing coming from the unit when pressing the water button?

The water button no longer lights up - no response at all. When this happened before today and we unplugged the refrigerator the water button would once again become available. There are no strange noises when the water did work.

ok Now I understand!

you have a issue with the main electronic control board that feeds power to the display control board.

Are you able to call for ice cubes at the dispenser ?

All off the buttons, including the ice dispenser work with the exception of the water b"button" that does no respond. We have thought it was the board, but wanted get a pro opinion before ordering the part. Would you suggest a part we should order for sure?

ok how old is this unit?

2006
I saw a board on the maytag site for about $325

ok here is a link for one from Amazon .

https://www.amazon.com/Maytag-Refrigerator-67006294R-67006294-59677532600/dp/B00WP5V5XO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1520880204&sr=8-1&keywords=67006294

model number on amazon part
is this a substitute for the Refrigerator model number MFI2568AEQ listed on our appliance?
OEM Part - Manufacturer #W10890094 this is the part number on the Maytag site

the original part number is *****

the part number of W10890094 is the main control board you need the dispenser control board .

OK thanks very much

No problem!

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

5 stars.
Thanks again
Marion bay

you should see the rating box ,just click the box and it will open in a new window for you to then rate me .

Master Tech