Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

DV45H7000EW/A2 Samsung Dryer: My dryer is 15 months old. It…

DV45H7000EW/A2 Samsung Dryer: My dryer...
DV45H7000EW/A2 Samsung Dryer: My dryer is 15 months old. It stopped working 2 days ago. It will power on but when I press start nothing happens except a "click" sound from the back. The lint trap will blink 3 times but nothing else. I saw another client of yours had the same issue and I troubleshot the same things your expert told this client to do. I unplugged the unit for 15 min. And nothing. I clean the lint trap and checked the tube. Nothing. I made sure the door is closed and nothing. I guess there is a thermal sensor that might be an issue but I don't know what to do from there
3/12/2018
Ray, Home Appliance Technician
Hi, I’m ray and would be happy to help you. Two things it could be. It could be the thermofuse on the main control under the lid by the left wall
Do you know how to get to and check the thermofuse?
No
https://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/DC92-01626B/0026/401.html?modelNumber=DV45H7000EW/A2-0001&categoryName=Residential%20Dryer&brandName=SAMSUNG
This the the control
Do you have an extended warranty on it ?
I don’t
It’s really a major job to get to the thermofuse
The control is under the console not the lid like I said
I would almost swear that it’s the control
The console meaning where the start button is at
Yrs
I would replace that whole control panel
Or just the fuse
Is this the part
PD00005341
The control panel
Is that hard to do
There’s about 3 screws holding the console cover down then it comes up. The control is under that cover. It’s very easy you replace
Here is a pic of it
https://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-number/dv45h7000ewa20001/1482/0151200.html
It is 6-3 on the diagram
I can’t just replace the fuse?
$13 part vs $100 part
I would try the fuse first. That’s a big difference
Ray, Home Appliance Technician
I have a fuse
Now how do I replace it
Great. First you have to take the lid off, then the whole front cabinet shell comes off. You will see it on the blower housing next to a thermistor that looks like that fuse. I’m trying to see if I can find you a video on YouTube but I’m still looking
I’m pretty it’s not the fuse. It’s the pulley idler
I watch this videohttps://youtu.be/2rdeH2-hChk
https://youtu.be/Hw4ndHbIBnE
This is a good one but you don’t have to go as far as the the drum out
https://youtu.be/Hw4ndHbIBnE
Wow! That looks bad. Was the belt off of the pulley. Because if it was the idler falls back and releases the switch by it and it wont start
I assume it was, it was just laying on the bottom of the inside
That lady made it seem easy
So I guess I’ll order an idler
Thank you
That is the culprit. That is rare. It had to be making a lot of squeaking sounding noise?
Keep that fuse to have it on hand
Let me get the numbers. Brb
This is the idler assembly. : DC96-00882C
This it the belt #: 6602-001655
It had been squeaking but of course I didn’t think anything of it
Should I change the belt too?

does the belt look worn, cracked or anything?