Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Kitchenair toaster over Model KC02220B, serial number…

Customer Question
My Kitchenair toaster over...

My Kitchenair toaster over Model KC02220B, serial number WF33509091 caught fire last Night. What is my recourse?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Two years old, Model is KCO22OB

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would rather not.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can repair things, but I have no idea what went wrong. It was burning in the top heating unit .

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/12/2018
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Kelly, I just talked to Kitchenaid and they are going to replace the unit. Thanks!

These are not a repairable item. There are not service parts available, see the part list attached. So to answer your question, the only recourse will be to replace the oven. I know this is not what you necessarily wanted to hear but it would be a disservice to tell you otherwise. Please keep this in mind as well as the fact that we are not associated with Kitchen Aid at all when you offer your rating.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.