Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Need to approximate cost to replace mail bearing on my

Need to approximate cost...

Need to approximate cost to replace mail bearing on my maytag washer

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Mod mvwc400xw3

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Spin cycle is very noisy

3/12/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately the main bearing and seal can not be replaced separately on this model. It only comes with the gearbox assembly which is part number W11035204 and costs about $165 at Searspartsdirect.com. Now if you needed a technician to replace the part for you, it would cost another $150-175 for trip and labor in addition to the cost of the part. Below is a video on how to replace the gear box if you wanted to do it yourself. Whirlpool owns Maytag now so don't be confused by the video saying it's for Whirlpool---the washers are built the same as yours.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc