Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have an ice buildup, inside the refrig by the ice maker…

We have an ice...

We have an ice buildup, inside the refrig by the ice maker and outside the refrig directly behind where the ice maker is located. How can this be corrected?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Frigidare Gallery, FGHB2866PF2, it's about 5 1/2 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Would you be able to provide me with an estimate of time....it's been 30+ minutes? Thank you, ***** ***** want to make sure we are still connected.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/12/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Sorry for the delay I`m a volunteer fireman and had a accident call I was called out on .

This ice build up is it in the fresh food section or in the freezer section .

And would you say this ice is from the icemaker leaking or from something else?

In the fresh food section. Yes I believe it is from the ice maker leaking.

is the icemaker making full size cubes at this time?

This will tell me if the icemaker is leaking water out or if during a fill mode it is overfilling , which would be a fill valve issue.

it is making full size cubes. I don’t see the leak. Just an ice build up.

ok can you by chance send me a photo of the area that has the ice in it ?

I can text it to you. What number should I use?

no texting ,,you can send it to me just as you would any other E-mail

Pere Just Answer policy we can only use this conversation chat to communicate.

I tried to send pic, it will not allow. I must admit, I'm not tech savvy.

ok it should be just like sending any photo from your E-Mail just use the attachment (paper clip ) icon

what is e-mail address. I can send an email, with attachment, but I need an actual address, which is not indicated in transmission. I just have a web address.

per The website we are using We can only converse using this website .

I never see your personal info or billing info and I can not give you mine .

well, I have tried multiple methods to send photo, without success. Thank you for your time. I will have to try a different method.

ok good luck,and sorry they make is so hard .

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Master Tech