Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Washer does not fill with any water,however the rinse cycle…

Washer does not fill...

Washer does not fill with any water,however the rinse cycle works wit

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Washer does not fii

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Washer does not fill with any water,however pressing rinse the water flows

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your washer. Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers. Also note that you may receive a phone call offer from Just Answer. That is automatically sent by the website and not from the expert.

Please give me the model number so that I can better assist.

mav t754eww

Ok thanks. One moment while I look that up.

no

Have you checked to make sure you are getting hot water to the washer?

i think iys the pump

The pump is only responsible for draining water. Have you checked the hose to make sure you are getting hot water?

there is no hot water line

So you only have cold water hooked to the washer? Only one hose?

my wife did a wash by filling the washer with water by using the rinse cycle
only one hose

Ok. I understand. I think your inlet valve is bad. Here is a link to the part for you.

http://a.co/67IQvod

- PLEASE use the stars at the top or bottom of your screen my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. So if you don't get an answer right away, don't worry, I log on daily to respond to questions. Thank you.

Engineer-Tech
would water flow in the rinse mode if the inlet valve was not working

Yes, that is quite possible.

thank you

You're welcome.