Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a 20 plus old liton with microwave on top and oven…

Customer Question
We have a 20...

We have a 20 plus old liton with microwave on top and oven below would like a new one that fits in the opening 49 inches tall and 25 inches wide. Can we buy one with the same opening? suppose we3 can repair but microwave quit working.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

30 years old Litton generation 11 Model 8766 serial 003543

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The microwave attaches to the oven below and the unit fits 49" high and 25" so one unit microwave and oven the micro is removed by pulling the screws

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/12/2018
Appliance Technician: Ray, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Ray, Home Appliance Technician
Hi, I’m Ray. Yes, you can put another one in there as long as it fits to the opening. Any countertop one will work
what the hell does mean if it fits..? this is an expert response? Do I cut my kitchen wood work? for the new micro/oven