Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I need to put the top heating rack on my whirlpool oven but…

Customer Question
I need to put...

I need to put the top heating rack on my whirlpool oven but after taking up to see if needed to be replace it didnt now i can get it to work there seem to be nothing inside of it to attach too.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model rb120pxk serial m32907708 how old dont know

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like too.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can the oven be taken part inside to see if a part came off the back

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/12/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

By top heating rack I`m assuming you mean the upper Broil element.

And can you look at the unit model number once again please?

The only thing that holds the Broil element in place is two screws on the top of the oven liner on the element bracket (the bracket on the very front of the element and the holes in the rear of the oven liner holding it in place from the rear .

what is the unit #

Do you mean what is the ovens model number?

Or are you asking for the Broil elements part number?

I have found the correct model number , it is RB120PXK0 you were just missing the 0 Zero on the end !

Their are clips on the part that goes on the holes . Are you sure they don't plug into something?

I think you mean the electrical terminals that go into the rear oven line and yes they will need to be plugged back on to the element.

It almost sounds like you just pulled the element out of the oven after removing the two screws on the bracket and did not remove the electrical wires from the rear terminals you just pulled on it ?

Can I get to it

ok so then you will need to pull the unit out and remove the rear exterior cover to gain access to the loose wires and to be able to plug them back onto the heating element .

Are the screws on the sides or inside screws

which screws ?

The two screws that hold the burner up are located on the oven ceiling near the front , one on the left and one on the right.

The rear cover has several screws on it that you can get to from the outside rear of the unit

It's in a cabinet. I guess I need to pull it out and get to it?
Ready to pull unit out should I put broil grill on first so all I need is to pug in once I take cover off or what?

yes put the element in place thru the holes on the rear of the oven liner and you should be able to see the wires just hanging lose in the area of those two holes .

I have power off when I pull oven out of the cabinet theirs no electric wires being pull on is their. If not taken out, take plate off attach connections put back in should be good right

no the wires that were pulled off where in the rear of the oven they are behind the rear exterior inspection cover , once you pull the unit remove the rear exterior inspection cover you should see the loose wires that come off the broil element as you pulled it out of the oven , just re attache them and you should be good to go .

I have wires on oven in cabinet but can get oven door on is their a trick to it?
Don't mean to bother you want to get oven door on so I can cook my dinner . Need help thanks for all you done
Help someone

Sorry I was off line yesterday!

Here is a PDF file of your use and care booklet page #9 shows how to put the door back on the oven .