Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Flipped breaker off to replace outlet. Microwave is on same…

Flipped breaker off to...

Flipped breaker off to replace outlet. Microwave is on same breaker. When breaker was f lipped back on, Samsung microwave lost all power. Cord still shows voltage running through it

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Like to why do you ask?

Contractor's Assistant: I'm just trying to get information to help you.

Model #: ME21H706MQG

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think it made a quick "beep" when breaker turned back on, but then died out

3/12/2018
Mike G
Mike G, Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

Do you have a 2 wire voltage tester to verify 120V at the receptacle?

Mike G
Mike G, Master Electrician
No, just a pen you put in outlet to check power
No. Just a penlike tester you put in outlet
Is there an in-line fuse? Pretty sure the issue lies in the unit itself
Phone call session started
What is staus??

I saw that another expert made the phone call and expected you question was answered. A 2 wire tester is needed to verify bot a hot and a neutral at the receptacle. If you have 120V there, the problem is the unit. A pen tester only indicates a hot but not a neutral.

I Did Not speak with a technician. Again, issue is in the unit. Is that where your expertise ends?

Plug a lamp into the receptacle to verify the circuit.

Circuit verified

That indicates it is the microwave's problem. I send your question to an appliance expert. Stand by.

Been over 2 hours. Not heard from anyone??

Question sent to appliance expert. Don't know why it hasn't been picked up. I'll check on it for you.

Ray, Home Appliance Technician
Hello I’m ray and would be happy to help you. It sounds like the fuse on the filter board blew. Do you know how to get to it and check it?
I do not but am able to with some advisement
Is it located behind filter underneath?
https://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-number/me21h706mqgaa0000/1482/0123370.html?searchType=modelSearch&q=ME21H706MQG&searchTerm=ME21H706MQG
It’s number 13 but this is a bad diagram. It’s right behind the control board/touch pad
I’m trying to find you a video on YouTube to send you
https://youtu.be/_yWSU0kTkTg. This one give you an idea how to. It’s going to be right behind the steel grill above the touch pad
The you tube link is not valid
I don’t know why it’s not working
https://youtu.be/KEJKl8_0xgk
Try that one