Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The window in my oven door is loaded with stuff How do I get…

The window in my...

The window in my oven door is loaded with brown stuff How do I get that clean

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is 13 yrs old and works great. I am getting the numb er

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model number KERA205PBT4

3/12/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

I will wait

Ok first, if the brown stuff is inside the door, then the entire door needs to be pulled off and the door taken apart. If you open the door up all the way there is a flip up locking tab on each hinge that you can rotate upwards so that the hinge locks out. Once the hinges are locked out, just lift the door up to the broil position and pull it off the oven. Now you can remove the screws coming in from the top and bottom and the door will split apart so that you can clean between the oven door glass.

As fo how to clean the glass, you'll want to spray soapy water on the glass and use a flat razor blade with a plastic handle to hold onto and scrap the surface of the glass at a slight angle to clean off the residue.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

thank you, will I have a problem after I unscrew the door apart? joan

One would hope not, but take pictures if you have to disassemble the door and worry about not remember how to put it back together.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
thank you joan